“Your body is sacred. Respect it and do not defile it in any way. Through your dress and appearance, you can show that you know how precious your body is. You can show that you are a disciple of Jesus Christ and that you love Him. Prophets of God have continually counseled His children to dress modestly. When you are well groomed and modestly dressed, you invite the companionship of the Spirit and you can be a good influence on others. Your dress and grooming influence the way you and others act.”
- For The Strength Of Youth
- No extreme hairstyles, including extreme or unnatural hair colors.
- No flip-flops, sandals, combat boots, sneakers, or tennis shoes.
- No underwear showing.
- No visible tattoos.
Young Men Dress Standards
- Dress suits including button-up shirt, tie, and jacket are required.
- Tuxedos and formal top hats are acceptable.
- No piercings or piercing jewelry.
- No baseball caps, bandannas, casual hats, beanies, etc.
Young Women Dress Standards
- Sleeves should cover the shoulder and top of the arm.
- The back of the dress must must cover the bra straps and/or the bottom of shoulder blades.
- Hems should be knee length or longer at all points and slits no higher than the knee.
- Shrugs, sweaters, boleros and jackets are welcome, but must be securely fastened and not be taken off during the evening.
- Only one piercing in each ear.
- No tiny cap sleeves with revealing holes in front or back.
- No slits that show the shoulder.
- No cleavage showing.
- No bras or bra straps showing through sheer fabrics.
- No low necklines in front or back.
- No open, cut-out, sheer, or bare lace-ups in back or front.
- No midriff showing (even with arms raised or when dancing).
- No tight or revealing clothing of any kind.
- No sheer, lacy, or see-through fabric in areas that otherwise should be covered.